By booking a party you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. The quoted rate for parties will be payable and is for the indicated set number of people. If you have less people attending the party, the full minimum booking price will still be payable. We will call you a few days before the party to get final numbers attending.
2. The requested deposit should be made prior to the party commencing with the balance payable by bank transfer. Booking confirmation will be provided on receipt of deposit.
3. You may cancel a Contract by notice in writing to us. If you cancel within fourteen (14) days before the Event, You must pay the Price in full; more than fourteen (14) days but within thirty (30) days before the Event, You must pay fifty per cent (50%) of the Price, as this will cover, administration and compensation costs. In the unlikely event we have to cancel a party, we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative within a reasonable period of time or a full refund will be given.
4. Our parties are hands on and all participants are expected to be aware and act appropri- ately given the risks. Personal loss, injury, damage, neglect or involvement to or by you and any other party attendee will not be the liability of Takayo.
5. You acknowledge and agree that we may take video and photographic footage of people attending any event and that appropriate footage may be used by Takayo for the purposes of promotion and marketing.
6. We will be happy to discuss course content with you to help you understand what is in- volved. If you have allergies please let us know in advance and note you attend at your own risk. If we are not advised of any allergies in advance and we have not therefore prepared the ingre- dients accordingly, anyone with an allergy may need to be excluded form the event, for safety reasons. If you are or your child is affected by issue/illness please let us know in advance.
7. We may use personal data which you provide or which we hold about you or any child for the purposes of performing the services and to keep you informed about other services and products provided by us.
8. The activity is contracted to begin and end at the times listed on the contranct. Please have your guests arrive on time. If your activity runs past the agreed upon time, a charge of £20 per agent will be added to the cost of the event.
Please read through the following carefully before placing your order. By placing your order you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. We would also like to mention that any personal information provided by you is confidential and will not be passed on to any other companies or organisations.
We ensure that we offer the best quality vintage kimono, kimono jackets and other products which are made of vintage fabric, but obviously with any vintage clothing there may be some slight wear and tear. Please remember that our selection is authentic so the majority of garments range from 20 to 90 years old. Some outfits may include minor discolouration or a small staining but we have tried our best to highlight any defects which may be found on our garments.
Before placing your order, if you have any queries relating to the terms and conditions please contact us. We are happy to give you more information about the items.
Takayo aims to deliver your purchase to you within 3-5 working days of receiving your order, residents outside the UK please allow up to ten days. You will receive an email on despatch of your order.
Standard postage and packaging charges apply within the UK, £3.50 per order – no matter how many parcels we send. All orders are sent with Royal Mail unless you request a special delivery. You will receive an email on dispatch of your order. If you are not home at the time of delivery you will be left a calling card by Royal Mail for you to collect your parcel from your local post office, or you will be left a courier calling card. You must collect your parcel within the specified time on the leaflet, after this time Royal Mail will return your parcel to us. Once you receive your email notification of your order dispatch please be aware of this and look out for your delivery or calling card. You can also contact us for your Royal Mail tracking number. Order parcels that are returned to us can be re-delivered but at your own cost, we will notify you by email regarding re-delivery of your order.
Postage outside of the UK varies depending on location. Items will be sent via Royal Mail International Tracked. All orders require a signature upon receipt. You will receive an email on dispatch of your order. If you are not home at the time of delivery you will be left a calling card by your local postal service for you to collect your parcel from your local post office, or you will be left a courier calling card. You must collect your parcel within the set time outlined by your local postal service, after this time your postal service will return your parcel to us. Once you receive your email notification of your order dispatch please be aware of this and look out for your delivery or calling card. You can also contact us for your order parcel tracking number. Order parcels that are returned to us can be re-delivered but at your own cost, we will notify you by email regarding re-delivery of your order.
T A K A Y O will offer an exchange or refund on all items if you are not perfectly happy within 7 days of receipt of purchase for UK orders and 14 days for orders outside the UK, provided the items are returned unworn, in perfect condition and any seals attached to the product packaging remain unbroken. To arrange a return, please email us with your full name and order number letting us know whether you require an exchange or refund. Returns or exchanges sent to us without a note cannot be processed.
You are liable for the cost of returning items; if you wish to return any items from your order please return it to us via Royal Mail, making sure that you obtain a receipt as proof of postage as you are liable for any loss. We also recommend all orders to be returned via the Royal Mail Track and Trace service. If you exchange for alternative items, T A K A Y O will pay for the dispatch of your replacement order.
You are liable for the cost of returning items, customs charges or duty fees. If you exchange for alternative items, T A K A Y O will pay for the dispatch of your replacement order.
Refunds should appear in your account within two weeks of receiving your return, however during peak times refunds may take longer to process. You will receive an email to confirm that your refund is processed.
If you have any questions about our returns process please do not hesitate to contact us.
USE OF PROMOTIONAL CODES
Each voucher code will have its own specific terms, for example when it is valid from and until, and what discount or offer it provides you. However, general terms for the use of voucher codes are:
They are not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount, promotion or on sale or limited edition items
They cannot be used to purchase gift cards or gift vouchers
They are only available for your sole use and shouldn’t be passed on to third parties
Promotional codes are valid for a year unless specifically stated.
CONFORMITY OF GOODS
T A K A Y O takes every care to ensure that descriptions and specifications of its products within the website are correct. Whilst colour representation is a close representation we cannot accept responsibility for colour variation caused by computers and/or browsers
1. You must be over 18 to book & attend a Floating World event
2. Once booked, tickets are non refundable & non transferable (this does not affect your statuatory rights).
3. The menu at a Floating World event is set and Takayo is not obliged to provide alternatives, however, Takayo will endeavour to accommodate your dietary preferences if supplied at the time of booking.
4. If you arrive drunk or are deemed too drunk to enter the experience by our team you will be refused entry without refund.
5. Guests are responsible for informing Takayo of their own dietary requirements (minimum 48 hours in advance). Although Takayo will make every effort to cater for food allergies, all meals are prepared in the same kitchen and therefore no guarantee can be given. Please note our food is produced in kitchens that handle nuts, so meals are not suitable for people with severe nut allergies.
6. The extent of Takayo’s liability to you shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods and they shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
7. Takayo reserve the right to cancel or change the time or date of any event at their discretion
8. If Takayo change the time & date of your booking they will give you an opportunity to cancel your booking and will refund the ticket price only
9. Takayo will not be liable for any additional costs, losses or expenses resulting from any cancellation of the event or any change to its time or date
10. Takayo shall not be liable to refund ticket price or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
11. Takayo can accept no responsibility for any injury to guests and sustained whilst attending the Floating World
12. Takayo does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of personal property belonging to guests
13. Any change to these Terms and Conditions will not be valid unless made in writing and signed by our authorised representative. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions will not be affected.